We are a member of SIPC, the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, which protects against losses caused by the financial failure of the broker-dealer, but not against losses resulting from depreciation in a security’s value. Your optionsXpress accounts are SIPC insured up to $500,000 (including up to $250,000 for cash claims).
Additionally, optionsXpress at its own initiative, and at no additional cost to you, has secured excess SIPC coverage to provide additional account protection beyond the standard limits. Our excess SIPC policy covers in the aggregate up to $100,000,000 each and every loss, subject to a maximum limit of $24,500,000 per customer, $900,000 of which may be cash. Please contact us for more details.
- E-mail and Online Security Tips
- Prevent or minimize online theft by being aware of your system’s security settings and by protecting your access. Review your account, your statements and the e-mails concerning your account frequently.
- Security Procedures
- Our systems were created with the focus of providing our clients an innovative and secure trading platform.
- Enhanced Security Features
- We are continuously developing additional security measures to fight online fraud and help protect our clients' assets.
- Identity Theft and How to Report It
- Learn how to avoid identity theft and find out what steps to take if you become a victim.
- E-mail and Internet Scams
- Get information about some of the most prevalent e-mail and Internet scams to help protect yourself online.
- Privacy Notice
- Learn more about how we protect your personal information.